Friday, September 27, 2013

[Challenge] I'm a Winner! Polymer clay faux stone

Do you remember the "Serenity Necklace" that I shared HERE?  Well, it won 3rd place among 16 entries during our guilds' recently concluded retreat challenge "Friends and Faux."  Wooohoo!  I have been doing the happy dance since the weekend.

Premo Sculpey Polymer Clay Faux Larsonite Stone Embroidered Necklace

The left photo is the original piece but I decided to add picot edging which turned out pretty nice.  The cabochons were made using Premo Sculpey polymer clay and alcohol inks.
Someone told me that it looked like Larsonite or Gary Green Jasper.  According to Hetties' website: 
[via]

"Larsonite is also known as Gary Green Jasper, or McDermitt Green Jasper. "Wood, algae, other swamp vegetation and mud were covered by volcanic ash between and 11 and 14 million years ago. Water carrying minerals seeped in creating the green colour while it petrified. The colours are from a combination of iron (44,600 PPM), Alluminum (11,000 PPM), Potassium (5,030PPM), Sodium (1,550 PPM), and Calcium (1,020 PPM)."

I was humbled by the recognition that I received from my peers.  This inspired me to practice and be more creative.  It takes a lot of patience and love for the craft or whatever it is that we are doing to come up with something wonderful.

Have a wonderful day!
♥  michelle  

1 comment:

becca said...

Congratulations, Michelle! That piece =)is really lovely.